Wednesday, December 15, 2004

And other Christmas viruses ...

Indeed it's not only Zafi.d but also Atak.i or h (depending on the AV vendor) which seems to be attacking our pc's this time and that latest one hides itself also as a Christmas card. It's not the first time we see such things however it's the first time I saw a Christmas e-card Virus in Dutch(Zafi.d)! In the past we saw for instance 'Happy99' which caused also a lot of problems several years ago. Again the social engineering trick seems to work. People please think twice if you come across a new Christmas card. Just use plain text, that's what I call 'retro', if you know what I mean .... And Oh yes, VRT Radio called me today about this problem. I was in 'Actueel' and other news-journals from 15h to 19h. Look at 'press' page for more info.