Tuesday, August 16, 2005

A scary day!

Wakening up with a drastic attack on a money transport just a few hundred of meters from your frontdoor is really scary! That happened to me today. It's like bombs falling just around you. And that was not the only thing ... some new variants of Zotob appeared and an Ircbot variant with something new up it's sleeve: instead of the usual replication methods of guessing share passwords or probing for RPC/LSASS vulnerabilities, this bot was using the brand new MS05-039 Plug-and-Play vulnerability - just like the Zotob worm. I have also put my interviews from last friday on the press page. Please have a look at http://www.anti-malware.info/press.htm I'm still convinced that the so called 'heavy hacker' was a script-man (instead of script-kiddie), and definitely not a real hacker! See my former blog.