Wednesday, October 25, 2006

CyberCrime and Vacation ...

I'm curious exactly how many people are being arrested and convicted of cybercrime in 2006. In 2004 there were about 100 people caught around the globe, in 2005 - a few hundred, and so far, in 2006, there have been about 60 arrests. I wonder if anyone is keeping an accurate record, and has full cybercrime arrest statistics - these numbers are based on publicly accessible news sources. The numbers seem to be dropping. I'm afraid that modern cybercriminals are getting more experienced and more cautious, and it's becoming more difficult to investigate the cases. That's also what generally see. At least I'll try to keep a record about what's going on the next 2 months of this year but, for the next week however you will find me on a beach or somewhere in some desert at the Emirates or Oman. Let's hope I'll get some rest and that no one tries to launch a major attack or malware during my week off.