Thursday, December 28, 2006

Happy New Vista ..eh Year!

Do virus or exploit writers ever go on vacation? I don't think so! On December 20, a new zero-day exploit for Microsoft Windows operating systems was released. This exploit targets a weakness in the Client Server Run-Time Subsystem, and allows local privilege escalation or denial of service. Microsoft has acknowledged this vulnerability and admitted that its newest operating system, Windows Vista, is vulnerable. And it seems that we even got 5 more problematic Vista flaws as well ... and that's just the beginning probably. I predicted these problems already one year ago ... It's time to take a holiday break isn't it, so please keep reading for more on exploits released this holiday season. And guess what .. I'm sick at home today ... It seems that I got no defense for this biological virus which took my voice away. But I'm getting better already...Happy holidays!